Fri, Jul 29|
Fulton Convention Center (Paws & Taws)
23rd Annual Hooked on Youth Fishing Tournament
23rd Annual Hooked on Youth Fishing Tournament July 29th & 30th, 2022 Location: Fulton Convention Center- Paws & Taws 402 N. Fulton Beach Rd., Fulton, TX 78358 (361) 729.2388
Time & Location
Jul 29, 2022, 8:30 AM – Jul 30, 2022, 8:00 PM
Fulton Convention Center (Paws & Taws), 402 N Fulton Beach Rd, Fulton, TX 78358, USA
About the event
ABOUT OINK INC. THE NEW GENERATION
WHAT IS OINK, INC.? We are a nonprofit organization that supports Texas youth in agriculture through the purchase of projects at various livestock exposition auctions at the local, county, and state levels, including but not limited to Bexar County, Kendall County, Walter Gerlach, S.A.L.E., Wilson County, Medina County, Guadalupe County, LaVernia, and more.
WHO DOES IT BENEFIT? - The money raised at the fishing tournament goes to Texas youth through the purchase of their animals and projects.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST? - Fishing tournament participants' fees are $400 per boat
Adult Team: - Team may consist of 4 people MAXIMUM per boat.
Youth Team: Team may consist of 4 Youth (16 & under) MAXIMUM per boat.
The youth team may be accompanied by 2 non-fishing adults, Ineligible for Side Pots.
We are a non-profit organization. DONATIONS ARE TAX-DEDUCTIBLE.
- Adult Team: Up to 4 people MAXIMUM per boat and may include Youth (16 & under).
- Youth Team: Up to 4 Youth (16 & under) MAXIMUM per boat. May be accompanied by 2 non- fishing adults, Ineligible for side pots.
- All rules will be governed by the Texas Parks & Wildlife Regulations.
- Only registered participants will be allowed to fish in the tournament.
- Fishing can start at 6:30 AM on Saturday, July 30, 2022. Weigh-in will begin at 2:00 PM and end at 4:00 PM (CST). The weigh-in will be at the Fulton Convention Center (Paws and Taws). You must be in line by 4:00 PM (CST), not in the water. FISH BROUGHT IN AFTER 4:00 PM (CST) WILL BE INELIGIBLE. All fish to be weighed in must be of legal size. A Texas Game Warden will be present at the weigh-in.
- Awards will be presented for the following categories: Men, Women, and Youth (16 & under) Heaviest Speckled Trout ( 17" - 20"- No Trout over 20” will be Judged) Heaviest Red Drum (20" - 25"- No Oversized Redfish will be Judged) Heaviest Black Drum (14" - 20") Heaviest Flounder 15" - 21") Heaviest Stringer - Stringer to be a Total of the following: One Stinger Per Team allowed (1) Red Drum (20" - 25" ) (1) Speckled Trout (17" - 20" -No Trout over 20” may be weighed in) (1) Black Drum (14" - 20") (1) Flounder (15" - 21"),
- This year we will have other pots to enter Heavy Stringer $150.00 per Boat (all pots have to be paid for during the Captain's Meeting on Friday night to be eligible to win) Will pay out the top 5 spots for Heavy Stringer Spot Pot $40.00 Cash (all pots have to be paid for during the Captain's Meeting on Friday night to be eligible to win) Pays 2 spots. Your spot pot redfish does not have to be part of your stinger, but it must be 20" - 25" in length Closet Trout to ???? without going over $40.00 Cash (all pots have to be paid for during the Captain's Meeting on Friday night to be eligible to win) The size will be drawn during the Captain's Meeting on Friday night.
- All decisions are made by the Tournament Committee. ALL DECISIONS ARE FINAL.
- Weigh Master will disqualify any fish that is deemed illegal, not fresh, or may have been tampered with.
- Winners are to be determined by TOTAL WEIGHT. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by drawing.
- Your entry fee automatically includes you in all fishing contests. (Heavy Trout, Heavy Red Drum, & Heavy Stringer). Total Prize Purse of $2,500.00. Guided and Unguided are combined for the pay-out.
- Contestants may only win in one category.
- Your team must decide which fish to weigh in prior to approaching the Weigh Master.
With generous support from our sponsors and donors, Oink Inc., The New Generation continues its support of the youth that participate in several Jr. Livestock Auctions in Bexar County and the surrounding counties.
The fishing tournament, along with the raffles and auctions, is the only fundraising event that we hold. We know that there are many demands on your kindness, but we hope you will consider being a sponsor or making a donation to the raffle and auctions.
Your generous participation will be announced during both event days and we are happy to distribute any flyers, business cards, or literature that you provide us.
If a company banner is available, we will be happy to display your banner at the event.
2022 TOURNAMENTSPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES PLATINUM SPONSOR $10,000 SILVER SPONSOR $3,500 BRONZE SPONSOR $1,500 SUPPORT SPONSOR $1,000 DONOR SPONSOR $750 GOLD SPONSOR $5,000 For more information regarding each level of Tournament Sponsorship, please contact: Jennifer Burkholder at (210) 218-1406 or email@example.com